Saturday, March 23, 2013

See, I told you

I remember when we moved to Pickerington and we were taking a family walk in a neighborhood when a couple kids ride by and one yelled "O-H" to which we responded "I-O".

After we completed our part, the one who yelled OH turned to the other kid and said "see, I told you". He was proving to the other one that no matter where you yell it, someone will complete it.

It's great to take such pride in our state that you can always count on the pride being returned.

That's how it felt today at the C3 EGGstravaganza. We put it on as a gift to the community. Lots of people showed up as if to say - see, I told you.

When we started C3 our goal was to be a positive influence in this community. I think many families have started bringing people to this event to show them its possible to have fun for free and we don't try to convince anyone to attend our church. It's a gift.

We have done this event every year we have been a church. I love people expect this event. We have positively influenced this community and many people can trust us to say - see, I told you it wouldn't be weird.

My point: do things you are proud of. We are proud to be part of a great church in a great city in a great state.

When people look at you and say to someone else "see I told you" - what so they mean???

No comments: