Saturday, March 9, 2013

...he says he loves me a lot of times

I had the privilege of taking my 5yr old to daddy night at her preschool. It was a lot of build up and and it did not disappoint.

I scheduled something months prior to knowing about this event so I had to reschedule it. It involved about 13 other people but missing this daddy night wasn't an option.

We arrived to daddy night and I actually put it on my cal wrong and showed up 30 mins early. It turned out being great because we sat in the foyer and talked. Loved it.

Then it was time for the event. Rae introduced me and the teacher walked us thru a typical day. Rae was so proud to show me her world. We then made an airplane, iced a cookie, played in play dough then it was as picture time. We got a pic together and to end the night the kids all sang the daddy song. Priceless!!!

The highlight of the evening was when the teacher showed us the pic our child drew of us. They drew a pic of us and filled in the blank "he is special because _____________"

Rae wrote "he says he loves me a lot of times"

My point: I tell my kids I love them all the time. Right now Rae jokes and tells me "you always say that" - like she is tired of hearing it. I would rather she be tired of hearing it instead of wondering it because I never said it.

Who do you remember, and what do you remember them saying? What do you want to be remembered for saying? Go say it - a lot of times!

No comments: