Thursday, February 21, 2013

That's what matters

Deni and I just witnessed one of the most precious things ever. Hannah (7) and Raegan (5) just said bed time prayers with each other.

Deni and I were making up Raegan's bed and I told them to get in Hannah's bed until we were done. I said go ahead and pray for each other. Hannah immediately started praying for Rae and it was the most precious thing u could hear.

Deni says bed time prayers with them and so do I and I have seen Shayna (16) kneeling by their beds praying for them before she goes to bed.

I am sure Hannah's prayers were a combination of all the prayers she has heard. It was great. Then it was Raegan's turn. She started with telling Hannah she didn't know how. Hannah told her to just talk to God. The 7yr old was teaching the 5yr old how to pray. Rae did her best and it was adorable. Rae decided she was done and squeezed her "prayer bear" to finish off the prayer time.

The girls had no idea that we were listening. I hugged my wife and we talked about how even tho life can get busy, stressful and chaotic - we are doing something right. We pray with our children and they are hearing us.

When they were done, we ran in there and encouraged their behavior and affirmed them.

My point: my job as a parent is to help my children have a personal relationship with their creator. Not to make sure they have the most toys, newest iPod, cutest clothes... I want them to know what truly matters - family #ThatsWhatMatters

I wish I would've recorded it but I am confident it will not be the last time I hear them pray for each other.


No comments: