Thursday, August 16, 2007

upon further review, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

In the NFL they have a replay rule. If there is a close call on the field the other team can ask for it to be reviewed. The ref comes back and starts the verdict with "upon further review..." then he goes on to rule the play stands as called or it has been overturned. Now that you have a boring explanation of the NFL, let's get on with it.

Have you ever made a call about someone only to realize you were wrong. Maybe you thought the "hottie" you have been staring at all night was "The one" for you, then after further review, they opened up their mouth and you realized you were dead wrong. Maybe you saw the person you thought was gorgeous, light up a cigarette or begin to use words that would embarrass a trucker. You get the picture, upon further review, you had to reverse the initial call.

I used to love interviewing for jobs. I mean I really loved going into a compay and sitting through the questions, the mental game of saying all the right things and doing everything I could just to get the job offer. I often knew going in that I really didn't want the job, I just loved seeing if I could get them to offer it to me. It was like a game (I know, I am nuts). After I would get offered some of them, I would either turn them down or take the job only to keep on looking for another one. I guess it was the thrill of the interview. I can only imagine that some of those interviewers were thinking how bad they missed the mark. They hired someone they thought was the right one but turns out that I was not. Upon further review, it just wasn't the right fit. (Of course I now know it was because I was called to the ministry...)

What about when you are building a team or have to make a decision to fill some positions. You hear people talk a good game then realize they are full of it.

Sometimes when we think we have the right person in the right position then upon further review, we are wrong. I have seen people take positions that they THINK they are qualified for and they desperately WANT to have that position but they are in no way even a close fit.

I have seen way to many people claim to be something or try really hard to make it fit but upon further review they were idiots...

My point: If you can't do something, DON'T SAY YOU CAN! If you won't do what something, DON'T SAY YOU WILL!!! You just make yourself look like an idiot and make the other person skeptical about trusting again.

Are you clearly representing who you are or do you make people challenge the ruling on the field. After further review does the play stand as called or are you an idiot?

No comments: