Friday, August 10, 2007

my last crap

I am officially removing the word "crap" from my vocabulary. I guess some people think it offensive. I would like to say I don't give a crap but I can no longer use that word.

I have never had a problem with the word but I guess my filter should be "how does this word sound coming from my daughters". "Crap", coming from a red-headed 2 year old (as funny as it sounds to me) is not appropriate. I need to be sensitive to other people as I want them to be sensitive to me and my family.

I think we all do things that others view as inappropriate. Your decision is whether or not you care. If you don't care, don't expect others to care about your opinions either. If you do care, do something about it. Develop some safeguards or accountability measures... like blogging about it or asking people around you to kick you in the kneecap when you do it (or say it) again. Another thing you can do is have some consequences to your actions. If there is no desire to change or accountability - chances are, you will not change. You will continue to offend people and just say you don't care. The reality of it is, you are just too weak to change.

My point: Give a crap! Care what other people care about. Always look for things you can change about yourself to be a better person. Be strong enough to admit a weakness. Get the crap out of your system.


Whew, I think I have pretty much got "that word"out of my system. I hope you enjoyed my last "crap"... ok that really was the last time.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I loved this one! I totally relate, so if you hear one of my kids say crap, u know where it came from, but I am working on it!