Wednesday, October 29, 2008

facebook

I gave in. I did it. I couldn't hold out. I caved. I was weak and cried uncle... My name is Gary Fowler and I have a facebook

I am not sure why I didn't do it sooner. I guess it was just because I didn't know much about it and figured it was juvenile (I know, why would that stop me). Someone suggested that I do one and I have been getting invites from people to start one so I looked into it and I took the plunge. 

I looked into it more out of curiosity than anything else but as I got into it, I realized that I am the only person on the face of the planet who did not already have one. Finding people is incredibly easy. I found people from my graduating class in high school and long lost friends from the military. It is a great way to stay connected with people no matter where they are. 

I am still new to it so I am sure there is plenty more that I can do with it but for now I am enjoying getting updates from people I have not heard from in awhile or keeping up with people I see regularly but don't get into deep conversations. 

I get a kick out of some of the pictures people use (mine included). I meant for mine to be funny but some people try to be mysterious or sexy or just plain stupid. I love it. 

My point: Don't let ignorance be the reason you don't try something. I took the time to learn about something and actually ended up liking it. I didn't just assume I wouldn't like it and let that be a reason I didn't try it. 

Eventually I will probably move my blog to my facebook so you better become my friend if you want to keep reading this amazing stuff... 

1 comment:

Heather said...

So my brother-in-law started this group on face book and it has grown quite large now and as the official NorthCentral Administrator I feel it is my duty to make you aware of FaceBookAnonymous you might need to join as it appears you have become addicted like the rest of us....but rest assured there is hope!