Sunday, October 12, 2008

hi Sarah

As a family we took a vacation day today to walk for autism awareness. It was a great event and we were honored to participate.

Then we traveled back to St. Clairsville to see Sarah Palin. There were about 7,000 people there and she did a great job. Seeing her in person didn't affect who I am going to vote for. I know who I am voting for, it was just cool being part of something like this.

Of course, she said all the right things and everyone cheered and clapped at the right spots. It was awesome spending a couple hours with my parents, wife and 3 daughters. I love that they get to see a woman doing what Sarah Palin is doing. 

I couldn't get a good picture of Sarah, so I took one of this lady with a Sarah Palin sign on her head as a hat. I think it shows more support if you wear the sign as a hat.

My point: There is something admirable about standing up for what you believe in. I always want to make sure I can give an intelligent explanation for what I believe. Of course I use the Bible as a filter for my personal life but everyone doesn't do that. 

Religion and politics are the two most controversial topics of conversation. Whether or not I agree with your stance, I think you should at least have one.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary! I'm a little saddened that you came back this way and didn't tell me!! =[

Nightshade said...

Everyone should have an opinion on religion and politics AND know how to intellectually defend it. Too many don't know, don't care or can only throw temper tantrums and scream in defense of their position. Are they emotionally sensitive topics? Sure, but you need to know what you believe and be able to calmly discuss/debate the issue. Isn't that part of being an adult?