Wednesday, November 28, 2007

my bad

I screwed up again today.

There is a man we know who is a good ol' country boy. The funny thing is that he cannot say "Konan". He always says "Kowan" (ko-win). I think it is absolutely hysterical. He says it with a country twang and it is just down right funny.

Today, Konan was talking about him and I put on my best country twang and said "aw Kowan"... then I realized, I was trying to be funny at the expense of someone else. I moved my bracelet and was frustrated at myself. I was doing so good. Oh well, day one starts again tomorrow.

My point: be honest enough with yourself and hold yourself to a higher standard than others do. It may take you longer to finish the 21 day challenge but you will be a lot more positive in the long run. If you deceive yourself into not moving the bracelet, the change is not real change, it is a lie.

If it keeps going like this, I will be on day one forever. So what, I will still beat you!!! - yes I moved it again. The day starts over in about an hour...

3 comments:

Tim said...

I am loving this challenge! As I sit and read your post I totally hear you saying these things and can also see the look on your face as you move your bracelet. Don't get me wrong I pulling for you to go 21 days (by the way I voted no on the poll), but it sure is giving me some good laughs as you try!! Love ya man...Go get it!!

Unknown said...

Tim,

Your bracelet is on the way. Have fun with it. Game on my friend!

kimba said...

Mama always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all...." Ever notice how short or even non-existant conversation can be when we stick to Mama's adage? I've picked up the challenge here...but man, are my wrists sore!!! :)