Friday, January 4, 2013

Sidestep negativity

As a staff we are reading the cliff notes of 7 habits of highly successful people. One of the phrases that stuck with me was "be the kind of person who generates positive energy and sidesteps negative energy."

That got me thinking about people I like being around. I like being around them because they generate positive energy. Then I started thinking about how people perceive me. Do they perceive me as positive energy or am I someone they want to sidestep?

I once heard that the greatest form of deception is "self deception". That pretty much means you have no clue how you really are because you refuse to see yourself how you really are. One way to know if you are generating positive energy is if people like being around you dread it or are you flat out being sidestepped?

My point: sidestepping negative energy means not feeding it. Don't engage in it and don't definitely don't encourage it. If people get side stepped enough, it may cause them to take a good honest look in the mirror. If not overcome it with positivity.

Encourage and edify because beautiful things happen in your life when you distance yourself from all the negative things.

No comments: