Friday, April 26, 2013

Video Vine

I wasn't sure about the Vine app when it first came out. I signed up but only tried it once.

Since then I have seen it grow in popularity and have seen some hilarious videos.

It is amazing how funny people can be in 6 seconds. I thot twitter was crazy limiting a tweet to 140 characters and thot Vine was even crazier to limit someone to 6 seconds. I was crazy for thinking people couldn't utilize the very limited time.

I started thinking how it forces you to prepare more when u have limited time or space. Sometimes its easier to ramble for 30 minutes than to prepare a strategic 5 minute message.

Companies pay thousands, sometimes millions for 30 second commercials. In this day of multimedia, it is not difficult to find something to entertain us. When someone tells me to watch a video I always ask "how long is it?". If it is longer than about 3 minutes I usually don't want to "waste my time".

My point: time is valuable and it only proves if we are strategic with it, we can accomplish a lot. We don't need to say a lot, we need to say meaningful things.

I am a fan of vine because I can watch a lot in a little amount of time.

I remember reading a book called "say it in 30 seconds or less" - exactly

No comments: