Friday, September 12, 2008

good friend

I love being part of something nice. 

Today I had an opportunity to deliver some flowers for my buddy. Today is their 10 year anniversary and he is out of town. He coordinated some things that would be special to her and topped it off with flowers. Since he is out of town, he had to ask someone to help. I was honored to be a part of a special plan.

This plan wasn't without a few obstacles. The day was mis-communicated. I thought it was for tomorrow. I even put on my calendar for tomorrow. Then we got caught up getting Rae's 9 month pictures - which went way too long. We stopped at their house on the way home to deliver the flowers and she wasn't home. That was a bummer because Deni had to go to Dr's Urgent Care. 

I was texting my buddy the whole time letting him know what was going on. He let me know when she got home but I was without a vehicle with carseats or a stroller that would carry my girls.  

I was determined to get them delivered because I said I would. It all ended well. My wife got home, I jumped in the van and delivered the flowers. She was very happy that she has such a thoughtful and wonderful husband. She said she blushed but I couldn't tell because it was only lit by a porch light. I was honored to be part of this plan. 

I want to have great friends so I will be a great friend. I made sure that the flowers were delivered because I would have wanted them delivered to my wife. I said I would do something and unless I was physically unable, it was gonna get done. 

My point: we reap what we sow. If you want to know what kind of friend you are - look at your friends. Chances are, you are like them. If you don't have anyone you would call a close or good friend, that says something about YOU!!! 

If you want a good friend, be a good friend. 

Happy anniversary to my friends!

1 comment:

DFowler said...

Great blog! You're an awesome friend! That was so nice of you to do! You're my best friend babe! ;)