Monday, January 14, 2013

As advertised

I love a good commercial that has nothing to do with what it is advertising. The Old Spice man "on a horse", the cavemen that for some reason are tied to Geico and now the dollarshaveclub.com

It is an instant classic. It has nothing to do with razors but it is so stinkin funny that I want to watch it over and over. I have already emailed it out and watched it with 3 different people multiple times.

It made me think about people I interact with. What do I remember about them. Is what they "advertise" what I remember.

Do they claim to be a person of integrity and loyalty only to gossip about u as soon as u turn ur back? Do they claim to be a good friend only to gripe when u ask for a favor? Do they claim to be generous only to be the one doing the asking...

My point: as funny as these commercials are, I sometimes forget what they are advertising. As much as people advertise how great they are - their actions may make u forget what they are claiming to be.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all stop advertising one thing and then living another.

It would be awesome if everything (and everyone) was as advertised.








No comments: