Sunday, January 20, 2013

Finally

Our new student pastor Tony is staying with us until he finds a house to buy. We are really enjoying him being here - but we have different reasons.

My younger girls love clinging to his legs and being pulled across the floor. They like being chased and they enjoy being his weights when he does a triceps workout.

Shayna likes having her friends over to talk about how they can have an impact in their schools for Jesus. She also enjoys dreaming about what the student ministry will become at C3.

I, on the other hand, like having some testosterone up in this joint. Tony appreciates the finer things in life. By the finer things, I mean my stupid humor, laughing at my old jokes, remembering stories from when I was a youth pastor and he takes naps while watching football.

My point: We knew it was going to be an adjustment to have someone stay with us but this is a very pleasant adjustment. He is only staying with us until he finds a house of his own but when he finally finds one I hope he is ready for lots of company.

C3 finally has a student pastor and I FINALLY have some testosterone in this house to attempt to level out the estrogen.

Even if its only temporary, it's nice.



No comments: