Saturday, May 18, 2013

Biking

Got up early to go for a 25 mile bike ride while it was sprinkling. After that the family went for a  bike ride in the sunshine. 

It was a great day. I love getting out and riding but the coolest part of my morning ride was who I got to ride with. I am getting to know a neighbor who lives down the street. Riding was a great way to spend about an and a half talking and getting to know each other better. 

The family bike ride was beneficial for many reasons. The whole family was together, we were doing something as a family, it was physical activity instead of sitting in front of a tv and it made memories. 

My point: it really doesn't matter what ur doing, what matters is enjoying the journey. Make intentional efforts to have conversations. Invite people u don't know well and use it as an opportunity to get to know them better. 

I want people to be able to trust me and spending time together really helps allow that to happen. 

No comments: