Wednesday, May 14, 2008

if you can't say something nice...

I am sure you have all heard "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". After hearing that statement, if you have you ever wondered - "then what would I say?!" - then you have a problem.

I used to share that problem with you but I have decided to focus on the word "can't". I never want to admit that there is anything "I can't" do. I used to be the person that would tear other people down in an attempt to make myself look good (I am sure it was a subconscious insecurity issue). Then I realized how bad it was hurting people and decided to find something nice to say. I am sure there is SOMETHING positive about EVERYONE.

My point: It is easy to comment on the negative, anyone can do that, but it may take a little work (or a lot of work if the person is a numb skull - you like that word?) to find the good in others. If you can't say something nice - shut up because you are an insecure jerk who people hate being around - they are just humoring you.

Don't even try saying "it's not negative, it's true" - that is lame and you have some serious insecurity issues.

Have a happy day!

No comments: