Thursday, May 8, 2008

I thought you were taller

Here is what you have all been waiting for (ok, I am the only one excited about it). It is a picture of me and ANDY STANLEY (I am the taller, buff one on the right).

I must admit, I thought Andy was taller than he is. I guess it's because I always see him on my computer and when I did see him live, he was up on a stage so I was looking up at him... whatever.

Andy is a giant in my eyes. He is one of the best communicators I have ever heard. I listen to his messages online and I have never heard a "clunker". Everything they do is done with excellence and it not a mystery why they are one of the most influential churches in the nation.

It was very cool getting to meet Andy. I believe someday - someone will be writing a similar blog of admiration about Konan. He is a gifted communicator with a passion to see lives changed.

Drive 08 was the best conference I have been to and it was topped off with meeting the man behind the dream. I am sure there is no chance he reads this blog but I just want to say "thank you Andy for the model of church, commitment to excellence and your passion to see people grow in their relationship with Jesus."

My point: Excellence is contagious but so is mediocrity. Excellence attracts excellence but so does mediocrity. We attract who we are. Everyone wants to invest in a winner but no one wants to bail out a loser. Don't beg for volunteers, do things with excellence and you won't even have to ask for help - you will attract it.

If you are surrounded by idiots - well, you figure it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - you got to hang with one of my man crushes!